What got you here won’t get you there.Marshall Goldsmith, Author and Executive Coach
How many of the following statements ring true for you right now?
- Your career is not progressing at the rate you desire
- Your reputation in the organization is not what you would like it to be
- Your calendar seems overly filled with meetings
- You have a hard time delegating tasks and responsibility
- Your team lacks engagement
- People on your team aren’t living up to the potential you once saw in them
- You sometimes get discouraged or obstructed by politics
- Your influence in the organization is weak or weakening
- You crave a mentor or someone with whom you can talk through issues
As you progress through your career, each new level of opportunity demands that you must contribute in different ways. The skills you use, the values you embrace, and the way you spend your time are all expected to evolve. You seek out new and different information and use that information in new ways. As your leadership skills develop you build new relationships and broaden your alliances. You learn to manage not just your direct reports, but also your peers, your boss, and her boss as well.
Areas of Focus
Sometimes you just need a little jumpstart to see the bigger picture. Other times you are ready to make a deeper investment in yourself and in your career. Working in all eight of the leadership dimensions, I help people in the following areas:
- Any issue or area of interest that presents itself.
- Fundamental skills for first-time managers, including skills such as delegating, providing feedback, talent assessment, hiring, and performance management.
- Leadership styles, responsibilities, and values.
- Communication styles and preferences.
- Conflict management.
- Interactions and relationships with those to whom you are accountable, peers,
direct reports, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Influence and persuasion.
- Time allocation and management.
- Assessing and managing various levels of talent.
- Understanding and developing culture.
- Greater confidence and presence.
- A more cohesive leadership team.
- More adaptive communication styles.
- Higher profiles with leaders, peers, and stakeholders.
- An increase in job satisfaction.
What are you waiting for?
I help people find meaningful livelihoods and manageable careers through work that they enjoy. As your coach, I listen and ask hard questions. I give you feedback in terms that you can hear. I am committed to your success. In addition to regular coaching sessions I offer unlimited contact and answers by email and text; impromptu phone sessions; and written feedback when appropriate.
Set up some time for a complimentary call and see if we have the kind of fit that will help you up your game.
- Check out the numerous coaching plans available and see if one is right for you.
- Explore the section on Career Coaching to learn more about achieving a vibrant career.
- Learn more about the dimensions of leadership that are essential for success.
- Consider an Individual Jump-Start — a three-month acceleration program to learn how to start a new position confidently while significantly improving the trajectory of your long-term success. The jump start works equally for those times when you want a reset in your current position.